Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Socal State Series Wrap up

Last race of the year was this past Sunday in Big Bear. When I drove up I saw a sign that said it was 34 degrees outside. It was cold and dry and there were patches of snow all over the course.

Not much to say about the race for me. I placed 6th out of 8 riders and ended up finishing 4th overall for the year in my class (Sport 25-29).

From March to June I raced a ton this year and I felt like I was getting better and better. Then from mid June to the end of September I didn't race at all. Three months on and three months off. The last two races showed my drop in fitness.

The only comment I'll make about the race in Big Bear is a quick funny story ...

I'm riding down the first singletrack and I'm not too far into it when I hear behind me "Let me pass!" No thanks. You can earn your way around me. "Please! Let me pass! I'm second right now!" Ok, fine. We aren't racing against each other and you want to pass ... that's great. But we are riding on a singletrack and I'm not about to come to a complete stop to let you go.

Eventually we found a spot, I slowed down a bit and the guy passed me. Then being the cool guy he is ... he eats it on the very first turn after passing me and blocks the trail. Thanks bro.

I'm happy the series is over and even though I despised having to race the last two races, I'm actually considering doing it all over again next year. I still love the idea that I'm racing bikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home