Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Troy Restores Order

Best thing about riding with Troy? PICTURES!

From Blog Pictures


I had a great weekend of riding. Saturday morning a few of us went out to Aliso, LCWP and El Moro. We hit quite a few illegal trails and got stopped by a ranger that didn't seem too upset that we were riding trails for hikers. I used to feel really bad about riding illegal trails here and there, but I've started to cross over to the dark side as of late. I just don't see what the big deal is.

I cleared all of Deer Canyon, 99% of Laguna Ridge (I hiked back up to start over after a bad first attempt) and ... and ... and ... I have to admit I've stopped being excited about clearing some climbs and descents. Lots of stuff is just becoming common place now.

I went really hard on a few climbs and that took a lot of energy out of me. It always feels great to hammer for the first third of a climb and the end is always pure pain.

===========================================

Monday

Monday was fantastic. Just about everyone I know that rides a bike showed up at San Juan to do a Labor Day ride. I was a little nervous because a lot of good riders were out and I didn't want to be "that guy" on the ride. The guy that can't make some switchbacks and walks technical sections in front of 10 other guys that can clear them.

I hung in the middle and fortunately I don't think I prevented anyone from riding in areas that I had to walk.

The ride in general was more of the same ... technical, singletrack, rode some stuff I've never ridden, walked some stuff I've made in the past. I felt really strong all day and I think it helped that I prepared myself mentally for technical riding. I tried to attack as much as I could on various sections and enjoyed moderate success.

From Blog Pictures


On the way down we lost Andrew because he went ahead of the group and assumed we were going to Blue Jay. Hahaha. So awesome. I had a crash on a switchback and then got a flat right before the last series of switchbacks. I ended up running with my bike down the rest of the trail which has left me with sore legs this morning.

Group rides can be really fun and we were lucky we had no major mechanicals and no super serious crashes.

I drank a Redbull from Wayne at the end of the ride and it kept me up all night. Hahaha. I drink caffiene maybe 4-5 times a year and I was amazed at how one Redbull at noon could keep me up until 2AM. Amazing.

Oh. I got a blister on my finger from writing on Andrew's car. Who knew that could happen?!?!

From Blog Pictures


(One final note: I showed the two "blood" pictures to my friend CJ and his quote was, "How come you look like a special ed kid in every bike picture you send me?")

3 Comments:

Blogger Corby said...

The last picture with Andrew behind you is great! haha

September 2, 2008 at 2:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Corby said...

Wait! It's the "Idle Hand" and Andrew is scared!

September 2, 2008 at 2:52:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! I like how that guy is laughing behind you- hahahaha!!! Your war wounds look painful

September 2, 2008 at 9:34:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home