Friday, July 11, 2008

Drained

For over a year now the weekly riding schedule has been to ride on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Three days a week for a total of hopefully about 7-8 hours. Whenever I start to feel tired, weak or mentally sick of riding I'll skip a Tuesday or Thursday to recover. That usually works great and I come back the next day ready to ride.

I skipped Tuesday this week after getting back from Mammoth and so I figured I'd be in good shape on Thursday. Wrong.

I rode the SS and I know that it is tougher to ride, but it was a lot harder than it should have been. I felt weak and drained the entire ride and only made one significant climb on the SS.

So I guess I can attribute the fatigue to a long weekend and the overall depression I've been dealing with this week. Everything feels out of sync. My sleeping schedule, my eating habits, etc. It's all in bit and pieces right now.

Hopefully I can pull it together before the next race on July 27th.

Good news is that I have all of August off from racing so I should be able to train during that month and get back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home