Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Blackstar Seatpost FRUSTRATION

All my friends know I'm not a big night rider. It can be fun, but I really have to be excited about either the trail or the training experience to go. It's just so hard to come home from work all tired and then go riding for 3 hours in the dark.

Anyways enough whining about night rides ...

I decided to go do Blackstar-Motorway last night with some buddies and even though I knew I'd get worked (they are _all_ faster than me), I knew it would help me grow as a rider.

About 3/4 of a mile up the Blackstar climb my seatpost imploded. I went over a very small bump and came down on the nose of my saddle and one of the bolts that holds it on snapped and the seat just fell off the bike onto the trail. Ugh.

I tried to fix it, but couldn't. Even Andrew with his amazing bike skills couldn't bring it back to life.

So I packed up the seatpost and the saddle and rode back to my car without a seat. That was a frustrating experience because my legs did not like standing up on the bike that much. You have to keep the bike in a really high gear to maintain balance and that makes it harder to pedal. Whatever.

Today after work I'm going to go buy a new seatpost. Hopefully a black Thompson seatpost. At least I'm able to trade my ugly silver seatpost in for a cool black one. Hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home