Friday, April 6, 2007

... and Kona makes three

So I bought a new bike yesterday. It's a Kona Unit rigid singlespeed.

Stock Picture:



Actual Bike:



I wanted to spend around 500 bucks on something for my existing bike, but then realized I could buy a totally NEW bike for that price. The catch is that the bike is a singlespeed and it's rigid. Rigid just means that it has 0 suspension.

I'm pretty excited about it because it adds a new dimension to a lot of old trails. It's going to be a challenge to climb up hills that I normally have no problem with. The gearing is 34-20, which is pretty tough for me.

Then again a tough gearing is kind of the point. I want to get stronger, faster and more handsome and this bike will help me accomplish two of three. That's not bad, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

The gold chain makes you look like you're rich so that makes chicks think you're more handsome.

April 6, 2007 at 1:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home