Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Lazy Update

I'll admit I've grown weary of writing about every ride I do. However since this blog is more personal riding journal, I thought I'd write down a few points/ideas before I forget them.

Earlier this week I went riding with Corby on the Coto/West Ridge route. Did the ride on the new singlespeed and had a pretty good time. Some of the climbs were a bit tougher than I thought they'd be, but overall nothing I couldn't handle.

I'm not sure what it is about the new bike, but I really enjoy the downhill feel on it. It's one of three things, or maybe a combination of them:

1. Lighter frame (4 pounds lighter than geared bike)
2. Longer stem
3. 2.3 tires as opposed to 2.1

I'd like to figure it out because I want to move that kind of feel over to my main bike.

=======================================================

Yesterday I did a ride I've been wanting to do for a while now. It's called the "Whiting Ranch Grand Tour". It covers just about all of Whiting Ranch in one big loop.

My goal was to try to keep up with Matt and Andrew by pushing hard, but I'm not sure I succeeded. I was in front for half of the trail, which just means that I was setting the pace. What that really means is that they might have wanted to go faster but I was in their way. Ha.

I got beat by a good minute or two up Mustard and Dreaded. I'm so tempted to bust out the excuses, but really there are none. More riding and more training is the cure.

=======================================================

I'm leaving for a vacation soon and I'm a little worried about my fitness dropping a notch or two. I'll be gone for 10 days and who knows how I'll be after I get back. When I got back from Thailand earlier in the year I wasn't feeling the best out on the trails. Then again I was pretty sick.

Either way I'm looking forward to the two big events coming up in May and June (Toad Festival and The Traverse respectively). It'll be fun to get out and start training with the guys again. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home