Thursday, January 18, 2007

Evaluation Time

Since this blog serves as my own personal riding diary I figured I'd write a quick note about yesterday morning. Yesterday morning sucked. I had been back only a few days from Thailand and I brought back with me some wicked jet lag and a special "Thai" cold.

I hadn't been riding in two weeks and between all my riding friends being in the top 20 on GeoLadders and Corby reminding me every day that he is ahead of me, I had to get out. I just couldn't let myself off the hook even if I was sick and tired. Add to all of that the fact that I need to train for Counting Coup and I knew there was no choice. I needed to ride.

The only question was what I should ride. I decided on Cactus (Whiting), but kept flip flopping back and forth between Cactus and Live Oak. Live Oak is easier, but not by that much. Live Oak is also easier because it has nothing remotely technical and so I know I don't have to worry about crashing. Then again Counting Coup is coming up and I need to practice handling skills, so I ended up doing Cactus.

I swear some days I just wish I was a flat slob who slept in every day and never worked out. It's just so hard waking up and riding sometimes - especially when you're doing it solo.

Anyways the ride was uneventful. I didn't see any other riders and it was cold outside. That's the ride report. I don't remember much because I was too out of it. I do remember getting home and taking off my arm sleeves to find a lot of cold sweat. That's not a good sign and I've never had it happen before.

I'm now trying to decide whether or not I can make the next big ride on Saturday. I've been trying to nurse myself back to health, but I'm not sure I'm there yet. I know I need to train, but my body just feels dead right now. We'll see how it shakes up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home