Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Rediscovered Love

This morning I rode Whiting (Live Oak) with Ben and Matt. Ben had been scheduling Whiting laps every week a few months ago and then mysteriously stopped scheduling stuff. Turns out he took a dive on Harding and separated his shoulder and is just now getting back to riding again. Bummer, but good to see him back out riding. We software developers have to stick together.

Earlier this year I was Mr. Whiting. I remember at one point riding Whiting 8 times in a row (not 8 laps back to back). It was just so easy to do since it was close to my house. Over time I became sick of the ride though and over the last few months I've barely been on it at all. I usually end up doing Cactus now instead of Live Oak.

Today was nice because it was only one lap and it was on a trail I know _very_ well. The pace wasn't too fast and the trail is in fantastic shape. Almost all of the sand is gone and it makes the ride so much easier to do.

As a side note, I almost puked at the top of Mustard because I got some mild food poisoning last night. Everything came out in the end (if you know what I mean) when I got back home. Weighed myself after and I came in at 166.5. That's low for me.

In honor of doing Whiting again and rediscovering a first love, here is a picture of me after my second time doing Whiting (2+ years ago):



Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home