Friday, March 20, 2009

Weeping Rider

From VQ 09


For some reason it almost looks like I'm crying in this picture. Crazy.

First ride with the new saddle went well. Going to try and move my cleat position back a little. I'm excited to try this because I realize I have never once thought about the proper cleat position on my shoes. I would always just push it all the way forward and then ride.

By moving it back I'm hoping to get some benefit. I'm hoping I will feel more confident on downhills (since I won't be riding on my toes as much) and I'm hoping it will more evenly distribute the stress on my legs.

We'll see. I've tried some adjustments before that I thought were going to give me a big boost and they actually did nothing for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Sometimes you scare me with your discoveries.

March 20, 2009 at 3:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger prevents email spam said...

It took me a while to realize that putting oil on the brakes was a bad idea. I'm a slow learner.

March 20, 2009 at 3:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Andrew said...

The first thing I thought about with Cleats was the positioning because of the chances of future knee issues. I bet you'll see a huge difference with leg fatigue. You also mentioned a new saddle. There's a MBA article from a while ago that talks about seat positioning (angle, forward/back). If I could ever find it I'd let you borrow it.

March 20, 2009 at 3:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger prevents email spam said...

I actually used Ned Overend's book to set the seat height and the fore/aft positioning. I might need to tweak the forward/backward position, but otherwise I'm happy with it. The cleat thing of course will change that.

March 20, 2009 at 3:58:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home