Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Saving Time and Money

So as per my last post, my front brakes were toast. The level would go all the way to the bars and no amount of pumping the brakes would result in pressure.

I decided to fix this myself. I've been a bit gunshy in doing repairs because my last attempt to replace the drive train on my own resulted in a catastrophe. But in order to save time and money I figured I'd man up and give it a shot.

It worked out well. I bought a bleed kit for 20 bucks and a wrench for 8 bucks and after about 30 minutes I had restored the front brake to working condition. I also noticed my front brake pads were totally gone on one side and so I put on some old pads that still had quite a bit of life in them.

Super stoked to have fixed it on my own. I did some other repairs and work on the bike and I'm hoping that I can turn the bike into something that I enjoy riding again. From time to time the repairs add up and it becomes a chore to ride the bike because it isn't performing well. When things are good though, it's a joy to ride.

Sometimes things are as easy as you think ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home