Monday, March 16, 2009

Excuse for Posting a Picture

From Blog Pictures


I got a picture from my ride Saturday with Corby and figured I'd write a quick post. The picture is from Main Divide on the way to the Motorway from Four Corners.

Ever since my over the bars crash on San Juan, not a single night has gone by where I haven't woken up due to pain in my left wrist. Every single morning it gets moved wrong and it hurts. The healing process has been incredibly slow. It doesn't hurt when I ride and for most of my every day tasks it isn't a problem. But every now and then I'll try to do something like cross my arms and I get a shot of pain.

I decided to buy a new saddle and settled on the Specialized Alias. The dude at the bike shop actually had this pad thing for me to sit on to measure the size of saddle I needed. I'm a 143.

I also decided to try and be more scientific about my saddle height and position. I finally broke down and measured my inseam and set my saddle height accordingly. It should be 70.64cm from the center of the crank axle. Haha. I rounded to 71cm, which turns out to be almost exactly where I had my saddle anyways.

The next thing to do is perfect the horizontal placement of the saddle. I'm doing anything I can to try and eliminate the bike fit as the cause of some of my cramping on longer rides.

I'm excited to do the 50 mile ride this Saturday and am hoping my wrist won't become a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home