Monday, February 2, 2009

Fighting Fatigue

While I'm waiting for a new schema for the data warehouse at work ...

This time of year is always a little tough with all the miles on the bike. I've learned one of the most important things is to manage my time _off_ of the bike. I find it interesting how six hours on the bike wrecks me for 48 hours afterwards. The real battle is not really the riding ... it's the recovery afterwards.

Despite trying to eat, sleep and drink more I still find myself fatigued after long rides, like the ride I did on Saturday (55 miles, 6:40). It's not too bad dealing with sore muscles, but being mentally tired is something different.

I just don't seem to have enough time in the day to properly recover. Between wondering whether or not I am going to be sent to Florida for work in a few weeks, taking phone calls at 8AM with Israel, preparing Bible studies and just hanging out with friends in general ... I find I struggle to have enough down time.

This week is fairly typical for me. Monday through Thursday I will be out of the house from 9AM to about 9PM on average. That means I am always out somewhere and not able to fully relax. Frustrating.

Looking forward to later in the year when I can accept invitations to do something on a Tuesday or Thursday. Right now I have to turn everything down because I need those nights for training.

I either need to figure out the missing piece of the puzzle or I need to be more disciplined with taking time out for rest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were working on the missing piece of the puzzle stalker! mark

February 4, 2009 at 3:51:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home