Monday, December 15, 2008

Stages of Grief

So I woke up Saturday morning with a problem. My cold had moved to my chest and I wasn't feeling good. I started to get ready for the morning ride, but decided to cancel it when I realized I would end up doing considerable damage by riding with a chest cold in the cold weather.

Last year I rode with a cold and when it got into my chest I was ruined. It took so incredibly long to get over.

I wish I could go back and trade the Thursday night Luge ride for the Saturday ride. Next time I'll wait until the cold is gone before doing a ride in the cold.

So all day Saturday I went through the stages of grief.

Denial

"I feel ok! I mean I'm not sick! *cough* *cough* *COUGH* *COOOOOOUGGGGGGHHH!*"

Anger

"I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE THE GUY AT WORK THAT GAVE ME THIS COLD! WHY DID I RIDE THE LUGE?!?!?! I HATE ALL THE GUYS I RIDE WITH BECAUSE THEY AREN'T SICK! I HATE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!"

Bargaining

"I would give my Trek 6700 to get rid of this cold. Maybe I can trade one day of riding for a week of being sick? That's a good trade!"

Depression

"Matt called me a pussy this morning. That's so true. *cry* I am sitting around eating and getting fat while my friends are riding and having fun. *cry*"

Acceptance

"It's ok. Nothing I can do now. Best to focus on the next ride."


At least the rain buys me some time to get better. I'm still coughing and can't seem to shake it. I just want to get healthy and get back on the bike.

For the last month or so I can't help but feel like I haven't been riding enough. I always feel like I'm playing catch up. Maybe a new year will help fix that mentality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home