Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Second String Riding

Yesterday I realized I have at least two of everything needed to mountain bike. I'm happy to always have a backup ready when something breaks, but sometimes everything breaks at once.

My full suspension bike needs some work and my main night riding light died so I've been riding my singlespeed and my backup light.

Fortunately the replacement battery for my main light has arrived and I am almost done fixing the full suspension bike.

In the meantime I've done two Old Camp-Luge laps on the singlespeed - one on Saturday and one on Tuesday night.

Not too much to say about the rides. I did notice that on Tuesday night I suffered quite a bit more. We didn't stop very often and so I was having a hard time recovering after a hard climbing effort. I only barely finished the final climb after the flag going towards Old Camp.

Also I realized that in the daylight my hands and arms aren't stressed as much. At night I ride more defensively on the singlespeed and so I'm constantly on the brakes. It really wears me out.

I'm happy to add another loop to the "conquered" list for the singlespeed.

Unfortunately the singlespeed now needs some work though. I broke a spoke at Old Camp and it wrapped itself tight around my rear rotor. I guess riding without suspension will put quite a strain on the wheels.

Looking forward to getting back to normal with my main light and bike.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the troy lee post?

December 10, 2008 at 7:41:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home