Friday, March 7, 2008

Healing Power of Middle Ring Mania

Ok so my last post was pretty negative. Probably the most negative thing I've written in the history of this blog. Now that almost a week has gone by since Vision Quest I am starting to relax a bit about my effort and the frustration is leaving me. I'm pretty sure in a month or two I won't care much at all in regards to how I did.

One of the reasons I've started to feel better is Middle Ring Mania. This week I did two night rides that turned out to be pretty fast and I felt pretty good on each ride.

Both rides were in the Coto/West Ridge/Chiquita area and both rides found me riding in gears a little higher than I might normally ride. I'm trying to never drop into my small ring in the front and I'm finding that I can actually climb most anything in my middle ring.

This makes me pretty happy because it allows for consistency in the ride (no crazy shifting before a climb) and it makes me stronger and a tiny bit faster.

All in all I've been greatly encouraged this week with two strong rides and it comes just in time for the race on Sunday at Bonelli.

A good showing at Bonelli will surely cover up any residual bad feelings about Vision Quest. Also I'm hoping to get out and do Los Pinos in March, so I'm sure that will also make me feel better in general.

It's time for some FUN rides!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home