Monday, January 14, 2008

Vision Quest Training Update

I wish I had some really good information about my recent Vision Quest training, but I don't. I haven't been riding a ton lately. Instead I've been trying to fit in smaller rides here and there to make up for what I should be doing.

Hopefully starting this week I can pick up the pace and get serious about training. I need to put in miles and more importantly, elevation.

I'm going to run some numbers later to help in my training (to help evaluate where I'm at), but the big number I'm shooting for right now is "7.5". 7.5mph is the pace I need to maintain for Vision Quest in order to hit my time goals.

Right now I seem to be averaging a 9pmh+ pace on rides 4 hours and below (depending on elevation gain obviously), so that is good news. The bad news is that like I just said, that average is high because of the low amount of climbing.

The final bit of bad news is that PaulV on GeoLadders did Vision Quest last year in 7.5 hours (which is my goal) - and in general he is head and shoulders faster than I am. Makes me think my goal is unrealistic, but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home