Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Overdrawn

A practical example from life:

If I have 100 dollars in a bank account and I write a check for 200 dollars, what happens when the check is cashed? The account is overdrawn and you owe the bank money. You also get hit with a fee.

This last Saturday I think I took out too much energy. I had a pretty bad bonk coming back from Sierra Peak and I'm still trying to recover from it. I've been eating a ton and trying to sleep a lot, but I can't seem to break even. Maybe my body assessed me a fee for taking out too much.

Ever since the bonk I've been having trouble focusing. After the ride the rest of the weekend was mainly spent staring at walls and zoning out. I've started to feel better, but my mind is still fuzzy.

It's really frustrating because my muscles feel fine but my ability to focus is just gone. I need to make sure I take more food with me for the longer rides and then maybe I won't have to focus so much on recovery.

It is nice to note though that the ride Saturday was 54 miles and 9,300 feet of climbing. That makes it the hardest ride I've ever done when you consider mileage and elevation. Not the worst experience I've ever had on a bike - but the hardest ride in terms of pure numbers.

I'm happy that training for Vision Quest is on track, but I'm worried that the training is going to take too much out of me before race day. I'm in big trouble if I feel like this the week before the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home