Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Year in Review - Part 3: Goals

Ok this doesn't qualify for "Year in Review" since it will be focused on this next year, but it fits in the series of wrapping up one year and starting a new one.

I have a modest set of goals for this year. So here we go ...

- Finish Vision Quest in under 7:30. Might be too aggressive, but I'm going to kill myself trying to reach that goal.
- Do The Traverse and Toad Festival. Already signed up, so no big deal.
- Do a 12 hour or 24 hour event. I've done a 12 hour event so I know what that's like. I'd love to do a 24 hour event.
- Do a small venue race. Maybe Mt. Sac or maybe a smaller Rim Nordic. Just to see what's up. I chickened out this last year. =(
- Get faster. I don't want to set a mileage goal this year. I just want to get faster and improve my times. If that means riding LESS, than so be it.

Trails I want to ride that I've never been on:

- Telonics
- Five Oaks
- Smash Face
- Catalina (the island)
- Cadillac (connector from Trabuco Creek to Old Camp)
- Trail that goes down to Modjeska from Main Divide (can't remember name, but same side of the mountain as Motorway)
- Something in Arizona
- Something in Utah
- Coldwater
- Indian Truck Trail
- East Horsetheif (where is this anyways?)

That's it for now. I want to ride smarter and faster and not always kill myself by riding when I'm sick and riding when I'm too tired. Quality over quantity this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home