Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Solid Push

I wanted to get this post out of the way because I have two other posts to write and each one will be fairly lengthy.

I spent New Year's Eve playing Rock Band on the XBOX and got to sleep at about 2:30am. Then I got up at 6AM and headed off to do Holy Jim-Trabuco. It was murder getting up to ride after only 3.5 hours of sleep. It was made more difficult when Andrew called at 6AM to back out. That meant only Troy and I would be riding.

Troy had just done Trabuco-Bell Ridge the day before (a very tough ride) and so he peeled off once we got to Holy Jim proper. Another rider named Dave (I think it was Dave?) hung with me until Main Divide which was nice. He was a strong rider. I saw him ride several sections on Holy Jim that I've never seen anyone ride. It was impressive.

From the top of Holy Jim all the way back to my car I rode alone. My personal best was 3:21 and I wanted to beat it so I tried to push a bit. I ended up with 3:05 as my new personal best which is really exciting. I love it when I can get a new best time.

I cramped a bit at 2:25 and had to spin the last half mile until I reached Trabuco to save the legs. That was frustrating and I might have had a chance to get under 3 hours if I had had more in the legs. I think the difference is not drinking Cytomax. Gatorade just does nothing when it comes to cramping and keeping the legs in good shape.

My next goal is to break the 3 hour mark for this ride. I really think I can do it. I just need to be a little stronger (no cramps) and attack a few of the hills better. It's very attainable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home