Friday, February 2, 2007

Guilt, Shame, Pain and Rain

I've been very busy lately and thus I find myself falling behind in posts.

I should explain each word from the post topic.

Guilt:

Counting Coup is a month away and I decided I needed to ride big on Saturday's (30+ miles) and then twice during the week. I also decided that Tuesday and Thursday would be the days I ride during the week. That would space it out well.

This last Tuesday I had planned to ride Whiting Ranch before work, but I slept in. I just couldn't bring myself to get up and go. One of the excuses I gave myself was that I could go at night because Matt and Andrew were doing Blackstar-Motorway at night. I figured I'd just tag along to Beek's and then go back to the car alone.

I feel guilty that I chickened out of BOTH rides. I ended up doing no riding on Tuesday.


Shame:

Shame comes in when I heard about how awesome the ride was Tuesday night. It's one of those things ... you want to be one of the guys bragging about a tough ride, not one of the guys hearing about it. It's an ego thing with me. So I'm ashamed I wimped out when my buddies stepped up.


Pain:

I just can't seem to kick my leg cramps. It's _very_ frustrating for me. Every day since the Harding-Motorway ride my legs have felt tight and raw. Sitting at work, driving in the car and especially on the bike. I feel the pain the most in my hamstrings. I'm trying to change my diet and stretch them out, but so far nothing is working.

I just ate 2 Tums this morning to try and stuff some calcium into my body. I guess Potassium and Calcium are what you need lots of to prevent cramping. Better believe I'm going to be eating banana's and Tums for a while.


Rain:

It has started raining a little in Socal lately, but that hasn't really stopped anyone from riding. Most of the local parks have only shut down for one or two days, which isn't bad at all. Let's hope the rain stays away a little longer.


I'm also putting up a picture I found from the 50 mile ride in December 2006. It's Matt and I hanging out after the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home