Thursday, February 11, 2010

Great News!

Finally got into the doctor yesterday after re-scheduling the appointment a few times. They took some new x-rays and immediately after the x-rays the doctor asked me if I had actually broken my left clavicle. I was surprised but excited by the question. What if I hadn't broken it? I could ride right away!

He did some tests by having me move my left arm around and after each test he would ask if I felt any pain. I was feeling fine until he did this one test where I had to push with my arms in an outward fashion. That hurt.

He looked a bit closer at the new x-rays and saw that I had cracked my clavicle in the area around the sternum (towards the middle of my chest).

All that to say I don't need a sling and I don't have to worry about how it's going to heal. No surgery and hopefully no loss in my range of motion. Just take it easy and in his words, "don't do anything where you might fall."

I was so excited after he told me that. I had this HUGE smile on my face and laughed all the way back to my car. I stepped out of the elevator and when I found myself surrounded by three cute nurses I burped out loud and didn't even think twice about it. My mind was somewhere else.

STOKED!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are INVINCIBLE!

February 11, 2010 at 8:03:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home