Wednesday, July 29, 2009

NEW BIKE

HOORAY! After three and a half years I have finally replaced my silver Specialized bike with this:

From Blog Pictures


It's a 2009 Epic Expert Carbon bike. I have come into some good fortune financially and that has allowed me to get the new bike. I got a great deal at The Path which saved me roughly 800 dollars.

I just love riding right now. I'm riding familiar trails in the hopes of setting personal bests. So far I've taken my Old Camp-Luge time down by 10 minutes and my Whiting-Luge time down by 8 minutes. On Thursday morning I'm going to see if I can get my Beek's time down from 49 minutes.

The new machine weighs in at 25.8 pounds and my old bike was tipping the scale at around 29 pounds. I'm planning on upgrading a few things a few months before Vision Quest in the hopes of dropping another pound. I just don't want to spend anymore money for the time being.

God is always good, but I feel like He has been especially good to me as of late. I was so desperate for a new bike earlier in the year but decided to wait. Even better is that I get to go to Mammoth this weekend to really break in the new ride.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Rusnak said...

Sweet bike! You totally deserve it Ryan.

July 30, 2009 at 9:41:00 AM PDT  
Blogger John Andrews said...

Ryan - Glad you got the fancy new wheels. Looks like the new bike suits you well ... lots of new PBs! See you on the trails. - John

July 31, 2009 at 9:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Slater Fletcher said...

Awesome Ryan! That bike is sweeet and you are already dropping minutes!?!

I would love to ride up to beaks with ya...

August 3, 2009 at 12:05:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home