Monday, November 26, 2007

Out From Under

Me next to the Christmas tree on Trabuco. (Thanks Corby)



Work has had me under a rock for the past week or so. Combine that with going home for Thanksgiving and just a general apathy for posting and you get Ryan under a rock.

I'm crawling out just briefly to note a few things. I'm going to bullet point the post to make it easier on myself. Then it's back under the rock.

- The Tuesday night rides have turned into races. Not sure if everyone realizes it, but we've been racing. The worst part is that I've been losing - and badly. I just can't keep up with the pack and the last night ride left me feeling tired and sick. Hopefully I can change this by either stepping it up or by riding my own pace and just accepting DFL.

- Went on a ride with Corby and Melissa yesterday. We did Holy Jim to Trabuco, which is a pretty tough ride. I realized it's pretty comparable to Blackstar-Motorway, but for some reason it's much easier mentally for me. Both Melissa and Corby impressed me by hanging in there and finishing a tough ride. The climbs on Holy Jim and the descent down Trabuco are fairly technical and it takes a lot of effort physically to keep going.

- I've been feeling kind of sick over the past few days. It has been coming and going. Thanksgiving night I got really sick and thought it was just a one time thing. Then yesterday I had no appetite for lunch (probably a donut I ate after church), but ate a big dinner. This morning I had another minor stomach "attack" and have no idea why. I've also lost 2-3 pounds over vacation which is very strange. In general I haven't been eating a lot lately. I hope it doesn't affect my riding strength and stamina.

- I just realized a lot of what I do (eat, sleep, work) revolves around how it is going to change my time on the bike. I spend a lot of time planning to ride. Yikes.

- My seat is squeaking again and I just realized that one of the rails is completely off. Stupid Rock and Road supposedly fixed it for me, but obviously they didn't. I have to take care of this.

- I'm hoping to rest a lot this week and catch up on some missed sleep. It will improve my mood, my riding and just everything.

- Happy to reach 2,500 miles hopefully before the end of November.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that picture should be your christmas card

November 27, 2007 at 9:48:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home