Tuesday, October 23, 2007

News and Notes

Troy always does a fantastic job of taking pictures on our big Saturday group rides and I just now remembered to check for new pictures. Sure enough he had posted some good pics from our recent Laguna Epic ride.

Some of my favorite pics:


(Andrew is a tough guy ...)


(This is actually a really technical section. Too bad you can't see the other "lines". No one else even tried to clear this.)


(Because it's me ...)


Of course the biggest news has to be the fire. I would normally write about the long ride we had on Saturday, but I just don't feel like it. The fires have kind of thrown everything into chaos.

Not only did I have to evacuate my home but now I'm learning that all the trails near my house are burning. Whiting is already toast and now the fire is moving towards O'neil. The Luge and STT are apparently ablaze as well. I think I read Blackstar is toast in some areas and I know for sure Limestone Canyon is done for.

I had three rides planned that I was really looking forward to and they are all cancelled now. Two were night rides in Limestone and one was a Sho-Air clinic. Oh well.

The fires will force us to find a new place to ride. Maybe San Juan/Los Pinos or Coto again. I really want to stay away from El Moro and Aliso because everyone else is going to have the same idea - ride near the beach to escape the fires. Those places are crowded enough on the weekend without fires.

The bad news this week is that the normal Tuesday and Thursday rides are also cancelled for me. Tuesday because my house is still in danger and I have to unpack from my evacuation and Thursday because of a birthday party.

A week off the bike? Whiting burned down? Santa Claus isn't real?!?! It's been a bad week. =(

1 Comments:

Blogger Corby said...

Well there is always the freakin' Fullerton Loop. Oh, and The Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy aren't real either. I'm ready to pack up and go to Mammoth to escape this week of discouragement.

October 23, 2007 at 9:29:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home