Monday, October 15, 2007

Bad Day

I'm really not complaining about Saturday. Really. Any day I can ride and not crash and have some fun is a good day. But sometimes things happen over the course of a day that out weigh the good times. This was the case Saturday.

Bad things on the ride:

- I wake up super sick. Takes me 20 minutes to crap everything out. Felt like I was going to puke while I was relieving myself.
- Show up late to the ride just in time to experience pouring rain.
- Right before setting out a flash flood washes across the trail. No way around, so I get soaked at the start of the ride.
- Felt weak and slow for the entire trip up Holy Jim.
- Ripped my favorite shorts in half going down West Horsethief.
- Filthy bike that needs cleaning and a Garmin that temporarily stopped working.

The route itself was actually a great route (up Holy Jim, down West Horsethief) and under better weather conditions it could be a good time. Also it does make me feel cool to ride during bad weather and tough it out.

The real kick to the crotch happened after the ride.

I went to a dinner birthday party for a guy I don't know that well and when I showed up one girl in particular stood out. One of the main reasons I went to the party in the first place was to maybe meet a girl. So I was obviously excited to see a cute girl.

Time went by as we waited to be seated and I started to find this one girl really familiar. I knew her from somewhere but couldn't put my finger on it. At this point I still thought she was single.

We get seated inside and she sits across the table from me - fairly close. Still excited. Then I realize she is married and her husband is sitting next to her. Oh well. No big deal. I'm still wondering where I know her from though.

Then it hits me. It's Kristin. It's a long story, but I went on a blind date with her years and years ago and she is the only girl that has ever stood me up for a date. Not good memories.

So the bad day of riding ends with a humiliating experience at dinner where I get to watch Kristin have a great time while I'm miserable. Oh well.

If you're wondering what she looks like, it's something like this ...



Actually the only similarity is the eyeliner. She is a little ambitious with the makeup. Haha.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet all that eye makeup looks nasty when she cries. Prove me right, hahaha.

October 15, 2007 at 9:11:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home