Friday, March 2, 2007

Quick Luge

Just one quick pre Counting Coup post before the weekend. I did a quick Luge lap yesterday after work with Troy to make sure the bike was in good condition. For the most part it is. I just need to tighten the rear brake cable and take some air out of the rear shock and I should be good to go.

It was quite a shock (pun intended) to ride on a full suspension bike after three weeks. I hope it's just because the shock is too full of air because climbing with some give in the back is just not fun. I lose so much energy to the bike digging in to the dirt and it's really hard to build up good momentum for a given hill.

Troy and I caught two guys on the last climb before the flag and that felt good. I was riding at a pretty high heart rate, but felt really strong and solid. I never felt like I was pushing too high a gear or pushing past my limits. I won't be riding in the 180 range very much Saturday, but it felt good to get out and push a little.

I'll do one more small loop after work today (Friday) to fine tune the bike and keep my legs somewhat fresh. I was having small aches and pains in my legs yesterday and it's amazing how much better they feel after a quick lap. All the aches and pains are totally gone and I feel really good today.

Let's hope getting up at 3:30am tomorrow morning won't totally kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home