Friday, February 9, 2007

Blast from the Past

My last post talked about how I have been forced back on to my old hard tail. It sucks, but I need to stay on the bike. I figured I'd swap the pedals and take the Trek on a spin around Whiting to see how I'd feel on the bike. I wanted to make sure I was comfortable and that the bike was in shape for Saturday.

Saturday is around 45 miles of riding and I need to do it. It's the last big step in my training and I need to make sure the bike I ride is reliable.

Anyways I was surprised at how fast I changed the pedals with the new pedal wrench I bought. Very easy. I'm excited to think I can take the wrench, my pedals and my shoes anywhere and instantly make any bike into something I can ride comfortably.

It took a few minutes to adjust the seat, lube the gears and chain, but I got going pretty fast.

The ride itself was uneventful. I was actually very happy to see that the bike responds very well to my pedal strokes. Any time I wanted to hammer down the bike responded instantly. It was awesome. I miss having that kind of efficiency on a bike. Nothing was lost to a rear shock.

The descent was a little bumpy, but that's cool. Having my feet clipped in allowed me to maintain control of the bike, so it felt fine. I need to tighten the clips, but otherwise it's ok.

Overall not a fast ride for me, but still not bad. I average just under 10mph, which is about as fast as I get on any trail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home