Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Shock and a Smile

I've been really nervous the past few weeks waiting for my bike to get out of the shop. The rear shock - a Fox triad - blew up over three weeks ago and the best option was to ship it back to Fox to get re-built. The estimate was that it would take a few weeks and cost me 80-90 dollars.

I was scared to deal with Rock and Road because Troy had sent his fork back and it had taken a very long time to get back. In fact he still might not have it. I had ordered some replacement buckle for my shoes a few months ago and never got a call about them. These two incidents were fresh in my mind and helped to fuel the worry that my bike wouldn't be ready for the race.

I called twice since taking the shock in and both times I got the reply that it takes time to deal with Fox, but that it should be in "any day now". I was able to get Rock and Road to agree to lend me a shock for the race on the second call, but obviously that wasn't the best case.

Yesterday I finally got the call that my bike was ready to be picked up! I was so happy. I went down to the store and it only ended up costing me _TEN DOLLARS_. I can't even believe it. Even better was that I was looking around the store staring at nothing and then turned to see the cute girl behind the counter smiling at me. I'm sure it meant nothing, but girls never smile at me, so that was cool.

I remember telling Andrew that dealing with Rock and Road was like giving your number to a hot girl. She seems nice and polite and takes your number and promises to call you back, but then never does. When you call her she can't remember who you are and doesn't seem interested in you at all.

Thank goodness that analogy doesn't prove true anymore.

I can now add Fox to my list of companies I love. I'll take a free shock replacement even if it did keep me off my preferred bike for a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home