Monday, April 27, 2009

Julian Lessons - General Update

So the Julian lessons will be short. I learned:

1. Consider where you are going to be during an endurance event in relation to the sun. For example, am I going to be on a long climb at noon? Will I need a lot of water during the hottest parts of the day?

2. Eat to ride well. I stopped eating at one point because I was out of water and became too lazy to reach in my back pocket and get some gel. That cost me. Eat to ride well.

3. Plan to eat. Some climbs are really long, but that doesn't mean you can not eat. Make time to eat no matter what.

4. DON'T EAT OLIVE GARDEN AT ANY TIME THE WEEK PRIOR TO AN IMPORTANT RACE! Ugh. I ate Olive Garden the day before Vision Quest in 2008 and it wrecked me. Had Olive Garden two days before Julian and it wrecked me again.


In other news I'm finding myself incredibly unmotivated lately. I just don't feel like riding. The thought of riding my bike right now is not attractive. I'm tired of the creaking and cracking. I'm tired of the suspension that I can never seem to dial. I'm tired of constantly wearing through parts and paying good money to replace them.

Maybe the heavy focus on endurance events this year is catching up to me?

Related to the disgust I have for my bike is a missed opportunity with Rock and Road. I called them to see if they had financing available for a new bike and they said they did offer a 6 month and 12 month plan.

When I went into the store they had no idea what I was talking about and told me the manager of the store would call me to talk about financing in general. I found it kind of funny that they wrote my name and cell number down. I knew no one would be calling.

Giving a super hot girl my phone number and Rock and Road my phone number have the exact same result. No call.

At least at this point I'm not surprised. I'll just have to save my money and be patient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home