Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Selling Out

A "sell out" as defined by Urban Dictionary: One who betrays a cause for personal advancement.

They give an example ...

For instance, Green Day. They are considered sell-outs because they are a punk band who was popular on MTV. Green Day never stated that they would never be on MTV, thus they are not sell-outs in that sense. They never changed their musical style for monetary reasons, thus they are are not sell-outs in the more literal sense of the word. If Fugazi were to sign up with Sony records, they would be selling out because they preach against major labels.

All I can say is that Fugazi better NEVER sign with Sony. Green Day sold out a long time ago.

Anyways what does this have to do with biking?



I joined Team Velosport this week. I'm not sure yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm now obligated to wear the team jersey for races and to put them down as my team for any race I do.

Why did I do this? How did Ryan Meyer, who is famous for fighting against "the man" and is famous for inciting revolutions against the establishment join a team?

Team Velosport offers race fee reimbursement - even up to half of whatever was spent. Considering that I still have about five hundred dollars of racing fees still ahead of me this year, that makes selling out a no brainer.

Now I'm just a cog in the huge machine that is Team Velosport. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home