Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SS Notes

I am now officially caught up on the posts/work on my blog. Whew.

A few quick notes about the recent SS experience. This past Sunday I went out on a ride with Melissa and Corby up to Beeks. I hadn't been up to Beeks in a while and I figured it would be a good beginner ride for Melissa (she just bought a bike).

Since I knew the pace would be a bit slower, I figured it would be a good time to bring the SS back out. I hadn't been on the SS for a while, so I was a little nervous as to how I'd do on it.

The ride was actually very enjoyable. About one third of the way up to Beeks I was passed by another guy on a SS while I was waiting for Corby and Melissa. I ended up catching him later and it felt _really_ good. He was running 32-18 and of course I'm running 34-20, so neither of us knew which ratio was harder. Probably his. =/

The second SS ride was yesterday at El Moro. I had done the "Phat Tire" loop once before and figured it would be a really SS friendly ride.

I was very pleased with the ride as a whole. The trip up "I think I can" was rough because I was running out of gas by standing. I learned some tricks to sitting and pushing a really high gear out of desperation.

The rest of the ride wasn't too bad. We passed quite a few people going up to Missing Link, which always feels good. The SS affords more "ego points" than the geared bike because I _have_ to hammer up hills otherwise I risk not making them at all. This means that I don't just pass people, I demolish them. A great feeling even if the guys I'm passing are really slow. =(

On an unrelated note I keep finding random bruises on my arms and legs. The other day I had a bruise on the back of my right calf that covered the entire region. In other words, it was HUGE. My neighbor even commented on it. Funny thing though ... I have no idea where it came from. *shrug*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home