Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Chiquito - Viejo Tie

This last Saturday I went on the Chiquito/Viejo Tie trail for the first time with Matt, Troy, Mark, Eric and Jim. Mark Whaley and Troy had ridden this trail while I was out of town and Mark said it was one of his new favorite trails. For some reason I thought that if Mark liked the trail, it must have been pretty easy (not technical). Boy, was I wrong.

I won't go into details concerning the ride because it takes too long and it's boring to read. Instead I'll try and hit a few highlights ...

- My new pedals are still giving me a hard time. I keep ending up with bruises and scrapes from falling due to the inability to unclip. My legs are torn up right now.

- It takes me a while to warm up with technical _anything_

- I'm a wimp when it comes to technical downhill. I rode down some stuff that I didn't want to, but overall I was pretty weak

- Troy, this message is for you ... "Don't endo within 2 minutes of the start of a 3 hour ride." Haha.

- No one rides this trail. We saw no other riders except some guys at the top of San Juan.

- There are several jumps on the trail that are simply insane. I can't imagine anyone really hitting these jumps with speed because there is NOWHERE to go.

- Walk when you're not sure.


Some pictures of the trail when we were getting rain in socal:





This has definitely been a summer of hike-a-bike hell rides. Thank God this was not nearly as tough as Los Pinos or Bell Ridge though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home